Melton Achilles Youth Cricket Club (MAYCC) Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Players
Melton Achilles Youth Cricket Club (MAYCC) is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members.
MAYCC believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents, carers or guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Ensuring that the best traditions of the game are upheld at all times.
Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Eddie Green, Head Coach or Catherine Whitmore, Child Welfare Officer.
As a Junior Member of MAYCC you are expected to abide by the following junior code of conduct
- Always play to the spirit of the game and treat ALL players and officials with respect.
- Play to win within the Laws of the game - don't distract opponents.
- Accept immediately any decisions made by your captain or the umpires - do NOT show dissent and be a good loser as well as a winner.
- Show a sporting attitude - appreciate good play on both sides, and appeal sensibly only if you are in a position to see and hear.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated yourself. Verbal or physical abuse are totally unacceptable
- Try to be helpful and always co-operate, work hard for your side - no individual is more important than the team.
- Be attentive at all training and coaching sessions at all times
- Always wear the appropriate protective equipment.
- Understand you have the right to report any incident or occurrence that you feel uncomfortable about, to either an adult or club official.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
Young players who refuse to conform to the Code of Conduct will be expelled from the section.
A condition of membership is that the MAYCC Committee have the right (subject to appeal to the Committee) to refuse, suspend or terminate (without refund of subscription) any Young Player’s membership in the event of unacceptable behaviour, including drug abuse, bullying, verbal abuse (so called “sledging”) and any other form of bad sportsmanship or conduct.
Code of Conduct for Parents/Carers/ Spectators
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play, respect decisions made by managers and coaches and encourage the young players to do likewise.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Share any concerns you may have, with club officials.
- Do not shout or offer advice from the boundary.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Inform relevant team manager giving as much notice as possible if your child becomes unavailable after being selected to represent the club so a replacement can be found.
- Ensure that fees for training or events are paid promptly.
All parents, carers and guardians are required to sign up to and adhere to the above Code of Conduct. It is incumbent upon the club, officials, coaches, team managers and parents to ensure that the best traditions of the game are upheld at all times.